Armstrong seeks to respect and reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate and the marketplace we serve.
Armstrong’s team of 900+ is diverse in every way. For example, in 1985, we advanced the van operator as owner-operator model. We provided financing for drivers to purchase tractors and straight trucks, equipping them to operate as independent business owners. This model has continued to propagate to the point where today, 63% of our drivers are ethnic minorities who are owner-operators.
Additionally, under the leadership of Jenny Johnson, CEO of Armstrong Relocation – Huntsville, we have earned certification from the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) as a woman-owned and -managed enterprise.
As a result of these efforts, Armstrong is able to provide clients with both Tier I and Tier II diversity spend capture opportunities.
We challenge our supply chain network to act in a socially-responsible manner, primarily exemplified in diversity and environmental sustainability actions in keeping with Armstrong’s goals and initiatives.
These suppliers provide additional opportunities for Tier II diversity spend capture.
Our philanthropic activities are designed to enrich the communities in which we operate. Many of these purposeful investments of human and fiscal resources impact minorities within our local markets. While some of these investments are long standing, our agencies select an appropriate enrichment activity of their own choosing for particular emphasis each calendar year.
- "Our Armstrong team was outstanding! They provided outstanding customer service and were friendly, helpful, well organized, efficient and professional. They were the best move team we have ever had! They made our move less stressful! We commend them for their outstanding services. Our sincerest thanks to everyone! You are the BEST!"
M.M., June 2015
- "They had years of packing experience and it showed! The head of the group checked in me periodically to make sure I was happy with the process. It was easy to feel comfortable having them in my home and packing up all my belongings. I am also impressed with the move crew that moved and unloaded my belongings. He knew I wanted my belongings quick and he made it happen! Crew was extremely helpful and very friendly. They made the process very smooth."
M.H., August 2015
- "They were excellent! I have moved several times and this was the best experience."
B.H., July 2015
- “Everyone was very involved in our move and extremely professional. I have told our family and friends about our experience and I will continue to praise your company!"
P.M., June 2015
- “Great service and a great experience. Your company made moving easy and stress-free!"
S.R., August 2015