Pursuing Armstrong’s Mission Statement requires that we act as “passionate team members working together to deliver excellence in… safety.”
The success of Armstrong’s approach to safety is evidenced by our uninterrupted coverage by a single insurance carrier since 1957. In addition to our in-house Safety Department, we have an Agency Safety Representative at each agency who reports directly to his/her agency President. The six-component Safety Management Cycle of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides the framework for continuous improvement.
Our Agency Safety Representatives prepare and execute an annual Safety Action Plan. This plan is used to document satisfaction of and continuous improvement in key safety performance metrics. Metrics are derived from Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, van line mandates, and our own procedures, controls and policies. Maintaining a lower-than-industry Experience Modification Rate is a key result.
Agency Safety Representatives earn certification through participation in a Safety Planning Workshop and successful completion of six online courses. Certification modules include driver qualifications, vehicle inspections, pre-trip checklists, maintenance logs, hours of service compliance and overall Safety Performance Rating. Armstrong’s Safety Department, our insurer, outside consultants and UniGroup’s Safety Department conduct training and coaching.
We provide safety training meeting curriculum to our Agency Safety Representatives for weekly use with operations personnel. Additionally, they conduct recurring driver review sessions and perform frequent site visit audits on jobs-in-process.
- "Our Armstrong team was outstanding! They provided outstanding customer service and were friendly, helpful, well organized, efficient and professional. They were the best move team we have ever had! They made our move less stressful! We commend them for their outstanding services. Our sincerest thanks to everyone! You are the BEST!"
M.M., June 2015
- "They had years of packing experience and it showed! The head of the group checked in me periodically to make sure I was happy with the process. It was easy to feel comfortable having them in my home and packing up all my belongings. I am also impressed with the move crew that moved and unloaded my belongings. He knew I wanted my belongings quick and he made it happen! Crew was extremely helpful and very friendly. They made the process very smooth."
M.H., August 2015
- "They were excellent! I have moved several times and this was the best experience."
B.H., July 2015
- “Everyone was very involved in our move and extremely professional. I have told our family and friends about our experience and I will continue to praise your company!"
P.M., June 2015
- “Great service and a great experience. Your company made moving easy and stress-free!"
S.R., August 2015